Monday, November 4, 2013

Strasbourg Day Date

Wing and I walked and walked and walked from the venue to get into town.
It was longer travel than we thought but it was worth sore legs. 
The old town was gorgeous and seemed to be a perfect mix between our Paris and Lyon experiences. 
A burnt red gothic cathedral stands high over the square.
The tower looked as though it was created out of bones from an old crypt.  
We walked through the structure and took in the massive open room. 
  
We ate delicious crepes for breakfast (two each to be exact). One buckwheat crepe with cheese, mushrooms and an egg and a sugar crepe for breakfast dessert. You get a dessert with breakfast, right? Or maybe it's just second breakfast like in The Shire. 

Knowing that our legs couldn't carry us all the way back. We went through the store Printemps in hopes of finding change for the train fare. We went up to the 5th floor before finally being told we had to go all the way down to the basement. The store associates spoke very little english and we speak even less French but we got our change. 

The train back to the venue was clean and bright. 
Full windows from tracks to roof. 
We got a quick, second tour of the city.
I love when we have time for day dates.

This is a wonderful life and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to travel with my husband. There are sleepless nights on the bus while driving over ancient bumpy roads. There are days where catering is difficult to swallow. There is jet lag to be fought and language barriers to be broken. But I know we are extremely blessed to be where we are. Being able to wake up everyday next to my husband (or at least the bunk above him) makes me excited to start each new day no matter what city we land in. I don't know how we went so long without each other.

Thank you for reading my drivel and thank you for your kind words:) 

1 comment:

  1. You two are adorable! I admire your gratitude for the life you are living, as uncomfortable as it may be at times. Wayne is lucky to have such support. I was at the music video shoot and really wish I would have met you, you are a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete