Thursday, September 26, 2013

Midtown Music Festival in Atlanta


 It rained and rained all morning on the day of the Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta, Georgia. Vertical rain, horizontal rain, diagonal rain. You name it, we had it. Not exactly what you are hoping for at an outdoor festival but it wouldn't be the first time we've experienced it. I made the very grown up decision that I would stay on the bus, in my pajamas, drink hot cocoa and catch up on the photo edits instead of slosh around in the mud. 

By the time the band took the stage at 5:30, the sky had cleared and tens of thousands of people gathered around the North stage to mosh and crowd surf to the dub step sounds of Imagine Dragons. Platzman is from Atlanta and the audience gave him quite the warm welcome.

I got to watch from a little nook on the side of stage right. I really enjoyed shooting this show because there was natural light and I'm still trying to figure out stage lights concert photography. Complete understatement:) I'm getting together a lot of video footage from this tour as well, so I hope I can figure out how to compile that into something...not sure what yet. But here are some of my favorite images from this powerful performance. I hope you enjoy.  


Sorry Benjamin...you were too far away for me to get good shots of you:)

After the show we went and saw "Prisoner" pizza, popcorn and red vines in tow. I think all of my muscles were clenched for the entire 2 hours and 45 minutes of the film. Unfortunately, the movie got out  at the same time as the festival so Wing and Dan had to walk against the exiting foot traffic while hiding their faces to make it back onto the grounds. People would look at them with furrowed brows and some would call out to them after we passed but we just kept moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment