Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Little River.

So we had a baby...


River James Sermon
July 26, 2014
10:17 a.m.
7 lbs. 9 oz.
20"

 River is 12 days old and what a crazy 12 days it has been. 
I actually went into labor at 6 in the morning, the day after my last blog post. 
Yes, the post where I was sure the baby was not coming for a while...
I guess I am not very in tune with my body. 

3 days early.
30 blissful (HA!) hours of labor.
And he was born. 

River is a sweetie.
I still can't believe he is ours. 
In those first few days, we called him little stranger.
We didn't know who he looked like and it felt so bizarre to have 
this new person with us at all times. 
He has got kissable cheeks and blue-gray eyes. 
He doesn't cry all that much and loves to snuggle. 

This new life has been a shock to the system. 
Who knew a person could survive on so little sleep. 
But we have been taking these days hour by hour, nap by nap.
Trying to get to know our lovable little stranger. 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Alex!! He is so handsome! So excited for you guys to become parents...it's the best!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's sooooo Sweet :):):) congrats to the new family :)
    Wish you luck, health, and lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy for you! Congratulations for this new little baby!

    I remember the birth of my nephew, the labor of my sister ... Wow, an emotion endless!

    Lots of health for all.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you two! He is beautiful- and big! 7-9 is big for a first, well done! Hope for a speedy recovery for mama and yay for family naps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is perfection. Congrats to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful little boy! Such a beautiful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexxxx! What a cutie. Seriously. So so so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete