Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Little Wolfie.

Wolfgang surprised us all, making his entrance over 3 weeks early. 
My body was grateful for his swift arrival; however, that meant dad was out of town. 
And by out of town, I mean Minsk. 
Like east of Poland, north of Ukraine,
Not-a-shot-in-hell-to-get-back-in-time, Minsk. 

Going into labor without him there was emotional and disheartening for both of us 
but there was nothing that could be done, that baby was coming.
Lucky for us, I had amazing support from my family, helping out with River and in the delivery room. 
After a bout of denial, a husband talking me through contractions over FaceTime, acceptance that I would be having a baby in several hours, a trusty epidural, and a 5-minute delivery, 
Wolf was here and life will never be the same. 
Boy, do we love him. 
^^How most of our hospital stay was spent
^^The ugly side of childbirth: hundreds of broken capillaries all over my face (felt it should be documented)
^^Greatest moment in the world

**Thank you for all of the photos Mama and Danica Bananica

No comments:

Post a Comment