Thursday, May 5, 2016

From One to Two

 Life changed in a huge way once again on January 21st. Of course I wasn't prepared, no overnight bag, no husband in town and not yet registered for the hospital. Part of that I can blame on Wolfie coming three weeks early and the rest of the blame should fall on my shoulders that never fail to be wrought with denial.

River was my right-hand man and I had to say goodbye to the time with him as an only child and welcome in a new dynamic of a third wheel. Because of my early delivery, I didn't have a chance to get too mushy about it all and I am grateful for that. River should be grateful too because I would have smothered him with affection.

Having two children under the age of two is an adventure...No, that's not right...A circus? A shit storm? Whatever it is, I am so glad these little boys have each other so close in age even if that is going to be at the expense of their parent's sanity for a little while. It will be amazing in the long run for all of us but it's tough making sure they both get attention at this stage. Since I am nursing around the clock, poor little Riv usually gets the short end of that stick but as Wolfie gets older (and able to be on his own
for longer than an exhale) I hope to better split the time.

I have left the house with both children (by myself) only once and that was only to go to my parent's house (where there were lots of helpers). While I was pregnant people told me, 'you'll have to be ok with being stuck at home for the first two years'...so far, I totally get that and that is why I am so grateful to have babysitters. The problem is River and I are outdoor cats and I am guessing Wolfie will be too so I am going to have to suck it up. I will be brave one of these days and venture out come hell or high water.
I imagine we will encounter both.

=,]\
River just crawled onto my computer and typed the symbols above and I thought it looked like a pretty cute face so I kept it. 
**Photos taken a couple days before Wolfie's arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment