Monday, August 19, 2013

Nashville-The Woods at Fontanel

Venue setup
The concert in Nashville was one for the books. Imagine Dragons played with a live orchestra at The Woods Amphitheater and it was phenomenal. I have been hearing my hubby's classical compositions for years but have never heard them played live so it was a dream come true for me as a classical music lover and Daniel Wayne's biggest fan. I wish all of you could have been there to share this special night. (Also: I apologize for only iPhone pics)
A few of the day's events worth noting: 
Famous Nashville candy. We are addicted. And we now have like a year's supply...doing great things for my figure.
Wing hiding under the table trying to avoid promo 
Well hello there...
This was my first time in the South and I have to admit I only saw the inside of the forest/park area where the venue was located but it was gorgeous, sticky sweet and green green green. I don't think I've ever been anywhere that green. I hope I can spend more time there soon! The boys had the morning off so after my first portable shower experience (a little tricky and dirty but not too bad), Wing and I went for a walk around the lot. We found beautiful trees, charming dirt roads, lots of bugs (and bites) and an awesome Frisbee golf course. "I live to Frolf!" (-Andy from "The Office"). After sound-checking with the orchestra (so exciting!), the boys did a Q&A with students of the Grammy U program up at what was once the largest log cabin in the U.S.. They all talked about how much their families influenced them getting into music and how supportive they continue to be today. Tear.

Huge sun room. My dream.
On camera interview
Q&A
The show that night was emotional for me. Daniel Wayne wrote the scores for "Radioactive" and "30 Lives" and Platz scored the intro and 2 others in the set. Each song brought so much dimension to the set. There is something about horns and strings that can take the feeling of despair, joy, remorse, love, hopefulness whatever the song is about and cut right through to your bones. I'm not ashamed to say that I balled my eyes out in "30 Lives" and continued to blubber through the next song, "Bleeding Out." I'm not sure I've ever felt so proud and in awe of my husband. He created something so beautiful that I could listen to it everyday for the rest of my life. Here is the recording, super low quality but I wanted to put it up anyway for you to enjoy. (The violin solo is my favorite part:)
It was raining so I watched the show from the sound booth tent. 
Wing's parents, Jeff and Debbie were there along with Dan and Platzman's parents. They were so proud of their sons. I love when family is in town:) Because Daniel Wayne and Platz were the two that split up the songs and composed the music for the orchestra the symphony gifted them books of their sheet music along with framed copies. The conductor told the boys how impressed he was with the music they created and that he would love to work with them again in the future. I hope they can! Let's take this show on the road!


Proud Wifey

Cute boys reading their scores
Oh, and I got to chat with Kelly Clarkson. Very surreal! She is such a sweet girl and a big fan of the band. She sang along to every song in harmony:)
Saying our Goodbyes :'(
Bonus: Radioactive (again poor sound quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment