Sunday, December 8, 2013

Madrid, Spain - I

I honestly can't say enough good things about Spain. This country has by heart. It is beautiful, the people are vivacious and the food is ON ANOTHER LEVEL.
^^Our hotel balcony

^^Where we stayed
 ^^The explorers
 ^^Yelping restaurants 
 ^^Wing's future???
 ^^Giant golden Christmas tree
 ^^Our attempts at a photo together in front of said Christmas tree
 ^^The band was spotted by 5 different groups of people while walking around the city. So bizarre! Especially because this is their first time performing in this country! But I guess people could have been on the look out for them because of their concert the next day:)
 ^^This goat thingy was the creepiest thing we have ever seen (Wing was especially distraught). The way it moved, snapped it's jaw and spun it's head around was completely inhuman. Shiver.
 ^^A couple fans told us to try the San Miguel Market for lunch and we so are grateful for that tip! 
 ^^The salami and ham was INCREDIBLE!  I want to buy a whole leg and bring it back with me to America! We bought a cone of that and a plate of cheeses and chowed down. My dad would be so proud (and jealous).
 ^^Best olives I have ever had
 ^^Boys in the Market
 ^^Platz Vs. Fish
 ^^Shark meat anyone?
 ^^This photo is strange but the churro was phenomenal 
 ^^I swear I'll start to wear makeup again soon
 ^^All the guys have code names for their rooms (fans found out where they were staying anyway, crazy!) but I don't so it always looks like I'm married to another man...I gotta get with this code name business. I already have one in mind, of course. 

 For dinner that night, we had a 10:15 reservation at restaurant called Sexto. 10:15! I love this city. We were able to get the last table from a friend of a friend who knew the owner. The food at this place was out of this world. My family will be the first to tell you how much I hate ham; as lunch meat, oven cooked, what have you. But ham in Spain is different. It is this fresh, cured, thinly sliced, prosciutto type thing and it melts in your mouth. So now I can say ham is simultaneously my favorite and least favorite food. We also shared plates of tuna tartar, truffled potatoes and so much more. I wish I could eat tapas everyday. I get so sick of one dish, a little bit of everything just makes sense, right? I'm going to start a movement.

Wow. I'm obsessed with food.
^^A photo of us I stole of off Sexto's FB page

The next day was a religious holiday so that night the whole town was up parting until the wee hours of the morning. I couldn't believe how much more alive this city got as the night went on. This is my kind of lifestyle. I think that an afternoon break/nap and then late night dinner is the greatest idea ever. Apparently, people don't start going to clubs until around 2-4 a.m.. I can't see America following suit anytime soon but it wouldn't be a bad idea. The people of Madrid seemed to really enjoy life and celebrate it everyday. I feel inspired by that.

4 comments:

  1. that is a strange combination, hotdogs and coffee, is that really all they sold? I saw this one place when I was in branson, I believe it was call something like "La China Poblano" it was a drive thru chinese/mexican place.... XD restaurants these days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing Alexandra! I went to see them last saturday in Barcelona and they were amazing... I hope I could go with you all over the tour!

    You make a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that all of you enjoyed the trip so much. Come to visit soon, pleaaaaaaaseee!!! By the way I love your blog, it's so great know your impressions about all of the places you visit and I'm happy that you like my country :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete