Sunday, December 8, 2013

Padova, Italy - II

The 7000+ audience members in Padova were so energetic, clapping along to the beat and singing every lyric at the top of their lungs. At some points, I could barely hear Dan's vocals over the screaming crowd.  
^^I liked this sign:)
^^Dan popping a balloon over Wing's head 
^^And this sign
^^The venue presented the band with cake and champagne after the show
 ^^I don't know who this man is but I didn't have the heart to crop him out hehe

After the show we made a quick getaway so we could get to our hotel by the Venice airport. Our driver spoke very little English which wasn't an issue until he brought us to the airport itself instead of the hotel. He told us we would have to get a cab from there because he wouldn't take us the .8 miles further to the hotel. (*Note: there were no cabs in sight). That was not going to fly with this bus of exhausted travelers so we finally convinced him to make the trek by holding up several iPhone maps to show him the way. The next problem arose when he refused to drive the last block to the hotel until we paid him 30 Euros. He kept slowing down the car and then would start to spin the wheel as if to turn back into the airport even though we were looking at the hotel directly ahead of us. Everyone kept their cool through the process until the moment when he started to turn the wheel for the third time and all 8 of us in the car yelled "STRAIGHT" at once. I do feel bad for yelling, I can't imagine driving 8 people that don't speak my language but we knew he was trying to get a few bucks out of us and we just wanted to get to bed before our early flight. He didn't seem upset as we left, smiling and waving goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. The night was just crazy! And I screamed when I saw you taking these pics! :D So so sorry you had to leave so soon though, I was hoping to meet the band and gave them my presents :( Fortunately, it seems like they got them anyway!
    I'm also sorry about the driver! Few adults here actually do speak English well, and we are known to be lazy :( I'll be your driver next time, sounds good? :D
    Thanks for sharing - they are awesome!
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what do you say about barcelonaa!!!! it was crazy and i hope my banner appears in some foto!! love you and love your blog!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete