Sunday, December 8, 2013

Padova, Italy - I

 On Wednesday, December 4th, the band had a show in Padova, Italy at the Gran Teatro Geox. The city is about a 45 minute drive outside of Venice though it might as well have been an ocean away with our lack of transportation. Our only experience in Milan last spring but it was only for a day (not even a day off) so we didn't get to experience very much. 

I was still feeling stuffed up and the town center was a cab ride away from the venue but I knew I would kick myself if I missed out on seeing at least a little part of town so me and my best gal, Brittany pulled on our layers and headed out only knowing the words 'grazie' and 'ciào' in Italian. 

Our cab driver knew less English than we knew of Italian but was kind and helpful, pointing to where we should go in town and where we could find a cab for the ride home. I told Britt, 'I would like him to be my adopted Italian grandfather.'  We arrived just after sunset (hence the dark, underexposed photos) but the town was quaint and lovely.  
 ^^My Pacific-Northwest Girl finds a shop named, "Oregon"

 ^^Note how stylish this mother is. 
 The city center seemed fairly small but there was lots of shopping, beautiful buildings and adorable families enjoying their town. We walked the streets, that are blocked off to cars, going in and out of stores until we found a small cafe. We ordered pastries that were hollowed out phyllo dough with Nutella in the center. Winning! Shouldn't be too difficult to recreate, right? Oh, and I also ordered hot milk with chocolate powder sprinkled on top...not what I intended (why do I not speak Italian?!) but surprisingly delicious:)
I really hope to see some of the other big cities in Italy, mainly but not exclusively, Venice and Rome. I've heard neither of those cities have the right music venues so who knows if the band will ever make it into the city centers. Maybe one day we can make a real vacation out of it! Brittany, Andrew and the rest of The Moth and Flame crew got to hang out in Venice for a few days while we traveled on to Spain so I can't wait to hear how it was! 
Ciào!

No comments:

Post a Comment