Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Meet Me in St. Louis


After what has felt like forever, I am back on the road with the hubs. Life feels back to normal. I know that it may this sound strange but it's my calm place. Everyone seems excited to be back in the US and ready for a better mapped out tour.  The summer festival circuit has been amazing but so exhausting. Each day is another flight and you are jumping from country to country with time zones so varied that it's not worth it to adjust. Now we are back on the Dragon Wagon with close to normal night sleeps and a more logically chronicled route. 
The band and I met up in Houston on our layover to St. Louis. People started recognizing the band as we were getting on the plane. Thankfully they've finally raked up enough miles to be in business class…unfortunately I have not so I cruised by my hubby with his beverage service and I ventured to the back of the plane, middle seat:( How rude, right? Just kidding, he tried to get me to take his seat about a thousand times but I was stubborn. It was only an hour flight. No biggie. I walked through rows and rows of whispers, "That's Imagine Dragons up there!" 

Father/Daughter FaceTime 
That night Dan, Wing and I went to a Dine-in Movie theater and now I am officially ruined for regular theaters! They make you feel like a king! On our cab ride back our driver was pretty starstruck and so the guys got him on the list for the show the next day. He was so happy:) 

Ben reading some classic literature

Platz's dance moves

Soundcheck:


Wing giving me his fight face.

The show was a radio festival at the Verizon Amphitheater. Imagine Dragons headlined, and it was there biggest headlining show to date. It was an amazing show overall with The Neighborhood, Cage the Elephant and Silversun Pickups. I danced the night away. The audience went crazy for ID and I have some ringing ears to show for it. 
Tour Manager, Angie pumping up the band 


No comments:

Post a Comment