Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blue





Holly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
HollyThe blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?




This is a quote from my favorite movie, "Breakfast at Tiffany's." I could pretty much recite the entire thing because I'm certain I've seen it over 100 times. When I had bad days in college, I used to watch the opening scene on repeat until I fell asleep. There is something about that movie that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Maybe it's "Moon River," or the time period, or Audrey...all I know is that it is magic. 

Yesterday, I had something in between the mean reds and the blues. I could feel the storm brewing in me for days before but it hit really hit me when I woke up in Glasgow. It was late morning but looked like it could have been 6 at night. Which leads me to think that it might just be the blues. But there was a feeling I just couldn't shake. I forced myself to walk for miles into town which usually does the trick. Nothing. When I got back to the venue, I did a long session of yoga (first time of the tour). Nothing.

Finally, I gave up on being stubborn and told my husband what's been going on. Of course, he reacted with love and kindness and I kicked myself for trying to be strong on my own...which made me even more sad. I am the queen of the "spiral." When one thing has got me down, I bring every other worry in my life down with me. All Wing has to say is "You're spiraling" and I can usually put some logic back into my thought pattern. After a good (embarrassing) semi-public cry, I started to put myself back together. 

I am so blessed and have so many things to be thankful for. Today I have been trying to remind myself of all of those blessings and I guess I wrote this as further catharsis. So thank you for reading all my babble. This gypsy life is a pretty amazing one but it is easy to get into a rut with venues by day and bus travels by night but I'm going to try and be better about taking advantage of this  journey I'm on with my best friend. I am going to get back into my daily routine of yoga and pilates. I am going to eat less unhealthy food (or at least add in some vegetables). And I'm going to download "Breakfast at Tiffany's" so I can have it on me for whenever I get the blues again. 

Here are some photos from our much more pleasant day in Leeds:
^^Reminds me of Downton Abbey
^^Ben shouting something inappropriate and shocking

^^New Routine of yoga while the boys sound check. 
^^Post-yoga hair must be documented
Cheers to better days!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE all your posts and pictures. Speaking from a mother of 4, no matter what you are going through now... you will look back on these days with such fond memories of an incredible time you were able to share with your husband. What an amazing adventure you two get to have together!!! =)

    ReplyDelete